Belly fat is the most stubborn fat in your body and most people struggle hard to burn it off.
Getting rid of belly fat is important because it hampers your confidence level as well as health.
It not only looks unattractive, it also
puts you at a higher risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and fatty liver disease.
You can get rid of this stubborn fat through a healthy diet and good exercise regimen. In addition, you can practice some yoga poses that target your abdominal area and help you lose fat quickly.
Note: Avoid practicing these yoga poses if you have high blood pressure, heart problems, back pain, hip pain, arthritis, joint pain, slipped disc, or a hernia.
They are also not suitable for women during pregnancy and menstruation. People who recently underwent any surgeries involving the abdomen, spine, brain or lungs also should not do these yoga poses.
Here are some of the yoga poses that help beat belly fat fast.
1. Mill Churning Pose (Chakki Chalanasana)
This effective yoga pose mimics the motion used when operating a traditional manual grinder, common in the villages of India. It helps reduce stubborn belly fat as well as post-pregnancy fat.
Apart from reducing abdominal fat, this pose tones the back, abs, arm and thigh muscles as well as the uterine muscles in women to help regulate menstrual cycles. It also strengthens your thighs and chest and improves your digestion.
1. Sit with your legs stretched out in front of you, spread apart as far as possible.
2. Stretch your arms out in front of your chest and interlock your fingers.
3. Rotate your hands in a clockwise direction forming big circles. Do not bend your knees or lift your legs.
4. Breathe out as you move forward and to the right, and breathe in as you move backward and to the left.
5. Make 10 rounds in one direction, then repeat in the opposite direction.
6. End by sitting comfortably and relaxing until your breathing becomes normal.
2. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
The Bow Pose can help you lose belly fat and excess weight overall. It strengthens the muscles of your abdomen, ankles, thighs, groin, chest and back.
It also improves digestion, treats gastrointestinal problems, promotes blood circulation and improves the functioning of the liver, pancreas, small intestine and large intestine. It also acts as a great stress reliever .
1. Lie down on your stomach, place your chin on the floor and keep your legs stretched out.
2. While inhaling, raise your legs, bend your knees toward your buttocks and hold your ankles with your hands.
3. Slowly rise up, lift your chest off the floor and look straight ahead.
4. Stay in this position for 20 seconds while holding your breath. The weight of your body should be on your abdomen.
5. Exhale slowly and return to the starting position.
6. Repeat 8 to 10 times.
7. Finally, relax and continue to take long deep breaths for a minute.
This power-packed pose is a complete workout for your body. It helps fight stubborn abdominal fat; tones your abs, legs and arms; and strengthens the back, thigh and abdominal muscles.
It also regulates the functioning of the pancreas, thyroid, kidney, liver and lungs, while improving blood circulation and regulating blood sugar level.
1. Sit with your knees bent, feet on the floor, hands beside your hips and fingers pointing toward your feet.
2. Inhale deeply, press on your palms, lengthen your spine and slowly pull yourself back staying on your hips.
3. Taking deep breaths, lift your feet off the floor, bringing your shins level with the floor.
4. Extend your arms to the front parallel to the floor and hold this position for some time.
5. Straighten your legs, so that your body makes a ‘V’ shape and hold this position for 2 to 5 breaths.
6. Exhale, bend your knees and hug them tight.
7. Inhale, elongate your spine and touch your forehead to your knees.
8. Take a few deep breaths.
9. Inhale and raise your head, then exhale and cross your legs.
0. Repeat these steps 3 to 5 times.