1. Eating Right: Healthy eating habits contribute significantly towards wholesome growth.
Include a lot of carbohydrates in your child’s diet. The calories gained will give the body ample energy to grow. Plenty of calcium can help promote bone growth for your kid. Insist on dairy products and green vegetables- an excellent source of calcium. Encourage your kid to spend a lot of time in the sun to get plenty of vitamin D. Eating fish, alfalfa, or mushrooms also helps, as they are a good source of the wonder vitamin. Vitamin D is known to promote bone and muscle growth in children, and a deficiency has been shown to stunt growth and cause weight gain in teenage girl.
2. Adequate Exercise: Coax your kid to indulge in sports. Swimming, biking, skipping, dance, yoga and a whole lot of outdoor sports will help your child grow.
There are tons of exercises for growing taller, like pull ups, which your kid can easily follow at home. Being regular with these exercises can make a big difference!
3. Keep your kid at bay from Growth Stunting Factors: Caffeine, smoking, alcohol, steroids and artificial hormonal capsules that claim to be helpful in increasing one’s height are known to stunt growth and this must be reason enough for your kids to be convinced to stay at bay from these influences.
4. Good Posture: Straight spine, shoulders stretched in a perfect alignment with the curve of the neck, hips in a straight, perfect proportion over the feet; encourage you young one to practice a good posture with all these considerations in mind. It not only makes them look taller, but also more confident.
5. Cultivating Confidence: A positive attitude coupled with high self esteem will make up for any lacking height. Inspire your children to feel good about themselves. Encourage them to participate in various school activities, take up a hobby and go for something that will make them feel good about themselves. Being taller might be nice, but it is not the end of the world if you are short. Give them example of several legends who are short in height, but high in stature. Give your children examples of legendary personalities like Sachin Tendulkar, Shahid Kapoor, Rani Mukherji, and many others, who ensured that their height didn’t stop them from doing their best.
The same growth principle we followed, when our children were babies, applies even at this age. Body grows and regenerates tissue while at rest. Persuade your kid to sleep like a baby for 8-10 hours every night and let nature work its nwonders.